I lied to you guys. I wasn’t going to post again until the second week of January but I decided that I want to share with you guys the most important lessons of 2016.
- Live life to the fullest. You never know when your last day is. I learned this lesson hard this year. Last Christmas, the life of someone I really admired was ended instantly. It was shocking and heartbreaking. It was unexpected and it really got me thinking about how you never know when your last day is. Don’t wait for the right time. If there is something you want to do, just do it!
- Cherish the time with people you love. This kind of goes along with number one but I think the loss I experienced really brought me closer to my parents. I’ve realized this year that they are getting older and that I really need to start taking care of them and enjoying the little moments with them.
- Slow down and relax a bit. Yes, live life to the fullest but take time to rest. Self care was really big in 2016 and it is totally something we should all take seriously.
- Learn to say no. This is very important. I come from a family of people pleasers and we have trouble saying no. We just keep going and bending over backwards for people. I learned that it’s okay to say no sometimes. Like in lesson number three, it’s okay to say no and take of yourself instead of others.
- Think before you say something. I have a big mouth and boy did I learn a huge lesson on speaking without thinking this year. I learned to stop and think about what you are saying to people. If you don’t have anything nice to say, it’s just better to keep you mouth shut!
What are somethings you learned this year?