Everyone thinks of spring cleaning but fall is the perfect time to clean! It’s good to deep clean every season anyway. With Thanksgiving coming up, it’s best to clean early so you don’t have to worry about it when you are trying to cook and entertain out of town guests. I’ve made a quick checklist of everything I plan on cleaning this fall both at home and at my boyfriend’s apartment this fall.
- Dust ceiling fans, light fixtures, furniture, base boards, and any other surfaces that collect dust. Also run the duster on top of the fridge and door frames.
- Take warm bleach water and a washcloth and wipe all dirt off the walls and baseboard.
- Vacuum and sweep the floors, blinds, curtains, and underneath the couch cushions.
- Go through makeup and toiletries in the bathroom and get rid of empty or old products.
- Put summer clothes away in plastic bins and pull out cold weather clothes. Try everything on to see if they still fit and make a list of what you need. This can wait if you live in an area that doesn’t get cold until the middle of October/early November, like here in Southeast Virginia.
- Go through your fridge and pantry and clean out expired foods and old leftovers. If you have any non-perishable food that you don’t want, consider donating to your local food pantry or church.
- Mop floors and scrub the grout on tile floors. I like to use old toothbrushes for that.
- Clean toilet and tub. Also, throw all shower curtains and bath maths in the wash.
- Sweep off and knock down cobwebs/dead wasp nests off of entryways, decks, porches, patios, and balconies.
- Buy some seasonal smell goods such as candles, wax warmers, and scented oils. I like Pumpkin Dream and Deep Golden Spell by Glade.
- If you have pets, scrub their bowls and litter boxes out. Consider replacing any old ratty beds and pet area mats.
This is my definitive list of what I am going to clean this fall. Is there anything you would add to the list? How would your cleaning list be different from mine depending on where you live and what your lifestyle is like? I’d love to hear from y’all!