Summer is hot enough and now Virginia is going through a major heat wave. I’m talking heat indexes of 110. It’s hot and I’m more of a cold weather person so I’m always looking for ways to cool off during the summer.
- Go swimming at the local pool or the beach.
- Make homemade lemonade.
- Set up a sprinkler and run through it.
- Take your pet outside and give them a bath (Just make sure the water coming from the hose isn’t too hot, as it can get in the summer).
- Pay a visit to a local ice cream shop such as Tastee Freeze or Dairy Queen.
- If you are looking for something fun to do, go to a movie theater or museum where you know there will be air conditioning.
- Do nothing. Some days it is just too hot to do anything. I just lounge on the couch with a glass of ice water and watch tv.
What are some ways that you stay cool during summer heatwaves?