I love being productive. I’m not a fan of sitting around bored all day. If I don’t have anything to do, I’ll find something to do. The one things that inhibits my productivity is that I’m very scatterbrained. That’s why these productivity tips work really well for me!
- I keep a planner religiously. I write everything from dates with S, to my work schedule, to doctor’s appointments. I’ll also make appointments with myself if I have a huge task to complete.
- I thrive off of lists. I write down everything I need to do the next day the night before and then I plan in my head when I can do them. Of course, sometimes the list can’t be completed in one day but it is still satisfying when I cross items off my list.
- I listen to music while I work. When I am doing homework, I like to listen to classical piano or ambience soundtracks (Read more about music while studying in my study tips post!). If I am cleaning, I’ll put on upbeat music and set challenges. I like to challenge myself to have a certain area of my room clean by the end of two songs.
- I eat a healthy breakfast. I don’t know about you, but when my stomach is growling or I ate something unhealthy (like poptarts), I am not as productive! Eating a healthy breakfast such as boiled eggs and yogurt help clear my mind.
- I have someone hold me accountable. I tell my mom I’m going to be productive today and she will check up on me to make sure I am doing what I need to do. It really helps me! I do the same for her!
What are some of your productivity tips?