I have a boyfriend but I’ve spent many Valentine’s Day single so I know what it’s like to see all those couples being sappy and being spoiled with flowers and chocolate hearts. It used to bother me at least in high school. When I graduated high school, I liked Valentine’s Day a little better. I started treating myself on that day. Here are some ways you can turn Valentine’s Day into Galentine’s Day!
- Have a me day! Take the day off and spend time by yourself. Pamper yourself and don’t worry about making plans with others or going out anywhere.
- Pamper yourself! Treat yourself to a spa evening. Take a bubble bath, paint your nails, put on a mask, light a candle…
- Have a girls night in! Invite some of your other single friends over and have a night in. Find a fun chick flick, cook dinner together (or order takeout), and enjoy an evening of laughter and fun.
- Go to a movie! There are several great movies playing right now. Spend an evening checking out the latest movies.
- Remember that Valentine’s Day is not just about couples! Valentine’s Day is about love so show some love to your friends and family. You don’t have to have a guy in your life to enjoy Valentine’s Day.
However you choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day, make sure to take some time for yourself. Self love and care is very important and should take priority over any guy!
Comment below how you celebrate Valentine’s Day.