I’m like any normal twenty something. My skin isn’t perfect and the week before my period, I get a few spots on my face. This time around, it was pretty bad but I manage my acne well. Here is what I do to treat my breakouts.
- I wash my face with Noxema. I have been using it for years. My mom bought me a jar of Noxema when I was in middle school and first started having breakouts. I wet my face with warm water, rub on some Noxema, let it sit for thirty seconds, and then rinse it off.
- Next, I take a cotton swab with peroxide and wipe my face, especially my nose and my chin, where I am prone to breakouts.
- Third, I dab tea tree oil on my acne. I helps dry up the acne and usually the spots fade within a few hours.
- If my spots are really bad, I dab a bit of Neosporin on them. I don’t do this all the time but it really helps like today. I had a really bad cystic pimple in the corner of my mouth and it’s already gone down thanks to the Neosporin!
- I do not use any over the counter acne medicine. I find it irritates my skin and makes my acne worse. It seems to prolong the breakouts. I’m not sure why it does that to me.
- Finally, I dab some lotion onto my face. I like to use Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair. I never put scented lotion on my face. I reserve my Bath and Body Works lotions for just my hands!
I find that following all of the steps above helps keep my skin fairly clear. Of course, I get the monthly breakout but it’s usually not too bad and it has certainly gotten better since high school! What are your favorite acne treating products?